The project is being implemented under the supervision of EAAF. It is expected to serve 16 governorates, namely, Giza, Alexandria, Sharkia, Beheira, Menoufia, Qaliubiya, Gharbia, Dakahlia, Damietta, Suez, Ismaelia, BeniSuef, Fayoum, Minia, Qena, and Aswan .
Economic and social return:
• Increasing the grain storage capacity in Egypt by 25%.
• Protecting 10% of traditionally stored grains from damage, thus saving EGP 2.4 billion annually.
• Decreasing wheat importation and offering wheat at more competitive prices.
• Saving approximately 3-5% of wheat importation costs, worth approximately USD 160 million.
• Saving the cost of grain transportation and providing 15,000 permanent job opportunities.
• Providing storage of wheat strategic reserve for 6 months.